[Histonet] Vibratome sectioning of mouse spinal cord

Michael, Susan michaels <@t> janelia.hhmi.org
Thu Nov 11 15:18:04 CST 2010

Can anyone give me some tips on sectioning mouse spinal cord on the vibratome?  Specifically, once the dura is successfully removed, I have been sectioning 40 um horizontal sections, and some cords have been curling up on themselves, both rostral-caudal and medial-lateral, and are impossible to uncurl without destroying the tissue.  I’ve tried every angle of approach, speed, amplitude, the tissue has been in sucrose, embedded in agarose, and chilled.

Thanks,

Susan