[Histonet] Distance Learning

Nancy Schmitt nancy_schmitt <@t> pa-ucl.com
Wed Nov 10 11:12:38 CST 2010

Message: 8
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 07:26:59 -0800 (PST)
From: Phyllis Thaxton <dchihc <@t> yahoo.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Distance Learning
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

We are thinking of?using one of the online or distance learning programs to help
in the training of new histotechs. Has anyone had any experience with any of
these programs,?what colleges offer the program, pros, cons. Any feedback is
welcome.

Thanks
?Phyllis Thaxton HT(ASCP)QIHC
DCH Regional Medical Center
Tuscaloosa, AL
______________________________________________________-
Hi Phyllis-

We have had several people go through the program at IUPUI (Indiana University/Purdue University at Indianapolis), the director is Debbie Wood and she does a great job!!  People are prepared to take the BOR when finished with the program.
I am including her contact information.
demwood <@t> iupui.edu

Good Luck
Nancy Schmitt HT, MLT (ASCP)
United Clinical Laboratories
Dubuque, IA

NOTICE: This email may contain legally privileged information. The information
is for the use of only the intended recipient(s) even if addressed
incorrectly. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
that you have received it in error and then delete it along with any
attachments. Thank you.