[Histonet] Distance Learning

joelle weaver joelleweaver <@t> hotmail.com
Wed Nov 10 04:47:57 CST 2010

Hi Phyllis
We offer an on line, distance learning program from Columbus State Community Colllege that is fully accredited by NAACLS. It awards a certificate in histotechnology and meets the training and eligibility requirements for the ASCP HT registry examination. The certificate program is linked to an Associates degree in the Department of Allied and Multi-competency Health for those wanting a degree option. We are currently accepting students for the next program year. Our application and admissions process and application form is available from our program web page at www.cscc.edu/histology
We are looking to expand our market and meet the needs of students and laboratories outside of Ohio. We have a few clinical affiliates in the Midwest, other than Ohio, and we would like to extend this further into under-served areas, ( as far as histology schools). We are able to offer 24/7 access to materials, instruction in theory and practice, practical work assessment, and interactive delivery via Blackboard learning platform. In the future we plan to offer continuing education opportunities that are histology specific to those aready certified or who may participate in the ASCP- CMP program ,and want to meet the continuing education requirements needed for participation.
If I may answer any questions about histology training, certification or the on line study of histology, please feel free to contact me at jweave01 <@t> cscc.edu or at 614-287-2217.

 Joelle Weaver HTL (ASCP)