[Histonet] Histo data needed

O'Donnell, Bill billodonnell <@t> catholichealth.net
Tue Nov 9 17:39:27 CST 2010

Those who work in similar labs please help me out:

Could anyone tell me how a clinical histology lab that do 6500 cases a
year is staffed. (Average aboout 70 blocks a day, 20-30% small biopsies
that require 3 levels so about 120-140 "ribbons" a day)
We do not do cyto processing, we have automated H&E.and coverslipping.
All special stains and immuno is does manually, but volume is low, 2-4
SS a week and maybe 6 antibodies.

We do gross probalbly 60-70% of cases and assist at gross for the rest.
We have no aides and are staffed @ 1.5 FTE. I'm trying to justify some
help, but the suits need numbers to crunch.

I hope that is enough  info for comparison.

Thanks in advance,
Bill 'the tired tech" O'Donnell

Kearrney, NE