[Histonet] unstained paraffin tissue slides storage--why cold?

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Sun Nov 7 09:39:53 CST 2010

I know this is anecdotal but I store precious control blocks and cut section
(I do not melt the sections before storing and only melt just before
staining) at 4dc, I do not have freezer room so I do this.  I have
definitely noticed when my techs forget and melt the paraffin in the
sections and then store them that they lose some antigenicity.

Regards,

Patsy

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech