[Histonet] FW: SPAM-LOW: The Fifth Annual International Retreat on Applied Immunohistochemistry and Molecular Pathology

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Sun Nov 7 09:29:38 CST 2010

A Reminder!

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech
12635 Montview Blvd. Ste.215
Aurora, CO 80045
720-859-4060
fax 720-859-4110
www.ihctech.net
www.ihcrg.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Dr. Hadi Yaziji [mailto:info <@t> pathlearning.com]
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2010 12:55 PM
To: Patsy Ruegg
Subject: SPAM-LOW: The Fifth Annual International Retreat on Applied
Immunohistochemistry and Molecular Pathology

Dear colleague,

It is my honor and pleasure to announce to you the Fifth Annual
International Retreat on Applied Immunohistochemistry and Molecular
Pathology (AIMP). The reason we have been offering this course for five
consecutive years (and hopefully many more years to come) is because we
maintained focus on the issues that matter the most to the practicing
pathologist. In the way of example , the fifth course will continue to focus
on the following aspects of IHC and molecular applications in our practice:

1. Among the >2000 new antibodies, can you offer a short list of new
antibodies that I can benefit from their utility in surgical pathology?
2. What type of IHC platform should we bring to our pathology lab?
3. How can we effectively apply QA measures into our IHC lab and molecular
lab?
4. What kind of impact do the ASCO/CAP guidelines have on our gross room
workflow and documentation?
5. What do I need to do to ensure our lab is compliant with these
guidelines?
6. What kind of FISH assays could our lab benefit from bringing in-house?
7. What are the most common molecular assays in oncologic pathology that I
should be familiar with?
8. How do I build a molecular lab in my hospital?
9. Can you show me real - life examples of the staining pattern of
antibodies I use in my practice?

We constructed the educational program to address the above practical
questions, as you can note from perusing the Schedule page. We assembled the
largest possible group of 13 of the most experienced colleagues in  the
field, including Stanley Hamilton, Mahul Amin, Elizabeth Hammond, Bill
Travis, David Hicks, Clive Taylor, Todd Barry, Serhan Alkan, James
Burchette, Richard Cartun, Stephen Hewitt, David Young, Steve Potts, Richard
Eisen, Bryan Hewlett, and myself.

In addition to the regular didactics, the course offers the following
program components:
. Video presentation of instructive cases with ample illustrations of H&E
slides and immunostains.
. An open session where the participants can discuss any issue of interest
at length with the audience.
. A full-day workshop on technical IHC is a must-attend event for
technologists and pathologists who wish to dig deep into the technical
aspects of this amazing field.
. "Keynote" talk by Dr. Stanley Hamilton on molecular testing of GI tumors.
. "Modern pathology" talk, by Drs. David Young and Steve Potts on 3D aspects
of digital slide imaging
. "Special topic" talk by Dr. David Hicks on the importance of HER2 testing
in gastric cancer
. Antibody of the year: Ki67. We added this talk last year, which is now
part of the annual curriculum to cover the most important antibodies in
clinical IHC.
. Anonymous pre test and post test: to assist the participants measure their
learning experience from before/after. Top socring participaints will
receive awards.

On average, 40% of attendees are repeat attendees. Our colleagues who
attended the first four courses truly enjoyed this event. In fact, many of
them described it as "the most practical CME pathology course I've ever
attended". We hope you will enjoy the upcoming course. It is very exciting
and we look forward to seeing you there.

Please visit
http://pathlearning.com/The_Fifth_Annual_International_Retreat_on_Applied_Im
munohistochemistry_and_Molecular_Morphology/Index.html for detailed
information of the program and how to register. This year, the ballroom can
only accommodate a maximum of 200 participants in classroom seating. We
recommend that you register fairly soon to guarantee a spot.

Best regards,

Hadi Yaziji, MD
Course Director
Medical Director, Vitro Molecular Laboratories