[Histonet] Storage of control slides for Chlamydia

Douglas Gregg classicdoc <@t> gmail.com
Sun May 30 18:29:02 CDT 2010

Histonetters,
Some of you surely cut control slides for Chlamydia trachomatis and
store them for use in future tests. Can you tell me how long you can
store them and under what conditions. I was thinking of cutting
paraffin sections and storing them at -20. I could gas the storage box
with CO2 to eliminate O2 but maybe that is not necessary. I would
deparaffinize them after taking them out of the freezer. Any
suggestions. Some antigens won't hold up to long term storage, but I
don't know about Chlamydia. Thanks for any help.

Douglas Gregg DVM PhD
Veterinary pathologist