[Histonet] Yellow counterstain

Kim.Donadio <@t> bhcpns.org Kim.Donadio <@t> bhcpns.org
Mon May 24 11:42:19 CDT 2010

Sounds like you might want Metanil Yellow. I have found it doesn't fade as
much if you let your slides dry a little before you dehydrate and
coverslip.

Kim Donadio
Pathology Supervisor
Baptist Hospital
1000 W Moreno St.
Pensacola FL 32501
Phone (850) 469-7718
Fax (850) 434-4996

"Mike Tighe" <mtighe <@t> trudeauinstitute.org>
Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
05/24/2010 11:13 AM

cc

Subject
[Histonet] Yellow counterstain

I have seen Tissue sections counterstained with a yellow counterstain. I
would like to use an Iron hematoxylin with this counter stain. Can anyone
tell me what this is? Are there any tips/tricks to this counterstain?
Thanks in advance!

Mike

All electronic data transmissions originating from or sent to
Baptist Health Care Corporation (BHC) are subject to monitoring.
This message along with any attached data, are the confidential and
proprietary communications of BHC and are intended to be received
only by the individual or individuals to whom the message has been
addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, please take notice that any use, copying, printing,
forwarding or distribution of this message, in any form, is
strictly prohibited and may violate State or Federal Law. If you
have received this transmission in error, please delete or destroy
all copies of this message.  For questions, contact the BHC Privacy
Officer at (850) 434-4472.  Rev.10/07.