[Histonet] Eosin vs IHC & Golden Bridge

Amos Brooks amosbrooks <@t> gmail.com
Sat May 22 16:43:39 CDT 2010

Hi Sarah,
     The eosin is washed out when you deparaffinize and re-hydrate the
slides. If you are doing anything with the tissue without rehydrating, it
could cause an autofluorescence problem, but as long as you rehydrate well,
you should be fine.
     Incidentally, since you also asked about Golden Bridge International,
they seem like a nice company. They offer free samples of their products, as
long as you are willing to pay shipping. I tried their Goat polymer like
this. It is worth noting however that there are a lot of anti mouse polymers
that will work, so you should have quite a few choices available to you. If
you need some suggestions drop me an email off list.

Have a nice weekend,
Amos

Message: 7
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 14:06:40 -0700
From: sgoebel <@t> xbiotech.com
Subject: [Histonet] Eosin in Processor and iHC
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
20100521140640.9e2d9aa830e8449a2412eb1e4f2f067e.cba83845a9.wbe <@t> email04.secureserver.net

  Has  anyone  had  any  trouble prestaining tissues in eosin and then
 doing  IHC?   I'm  making  cell  blocks from clear fluid full of cells
  embe   be  able  to s   in the cells be   else saw an issu
  =)

  <
  Sarah Goebel, B.A., HT (ASCP)

  Histotechnician
  XBiotech   8201 East Riverside Dr. Bl   Austin, Texas  7   (512)386-5107