[Histonet] Re: Grossing Technician Qualifications

Daniel Schneider dlschneider <@t> gmail.com
Wed May 19 12:57:55 CDT 2010

Just to clarify or perhaps cloud the picture a little more

Not all grossing is "grossing."

So when we're talking about transferring small biopsies, in their
entirety, from a formalin container to a cassette, and describing the size,
number, and color of the tissue pieces submitted, with no dissection or
knowledge of anatomy required, that's not "grossing" in the strict sense, at
least according to CAP the last time I looked, which admittedly was a couple
of years ago.

So what sort of educational achievements, training, or credentials are
required for the above?

Dan Schneider