[Histonet] IHC Validation on microwaved tissue

Matt Brooks mbrooks <@t> incytepathology.com
Wed May 19 12:44:40 CDT 2010

Hello All,

We have new microwave tissue processor, until this purchase all tissue
has been placed on a standard VIP processor.  My medical director would
like for most of our 125 antibodies worked up on microwave processed
tissue.  I have been challenged with getting specimens to process on the
instrument for IHC antibody validation purposes.  Initially we will be
processing GI biopsy specimens, but we will eventually progress to other
biopsy tissues and so on.  I have had success getting some colon cancer
cases, some tonsil and other tissue. We will be mainly performing H.
pylori, which is hard to get a large enough specimen to obtain a sample
for this purpose.  Anyway I was wondering how other labs are handling
validation in this situation.  Thank you for your time in this matter.

Matt Brooks, BS, HT (ASCP)
Histology Supervisor
InCyte Pathology
mbrooks <@t> incytepathology.com