[Histonet] ICC slide storage

Kim Merriam kmerriam2003 <@t> yahoo.com
Wed May 19 06:27:42 CDT 2010

Hi Sarah,

I used to make a ton of cytospins.  I would air-dry them, fix them in whatever (ethanol or acetone/ethanol), air-dry them again and then wrap the slides in foil, box them up and store @ -80C.  The slides lasted for months!

When taking them out to use for staining, be sure to allow the wrapped slides to acclimate to RT before you use them.

Happy staining!

Kim

 Kim Merriam, MA, HT(ASCP)QIHC
Cambridge, MA

________________________________
From: "sgoebel <@t> xbiotech.com" <sgoebel <@t> xbiotech.com>
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sent: Tue, May 18, 2010 2:36:56 PM
Subject: [Histonet] ICC slide storage

  So,  again...I'm new to this ICC staining.  I got a epindorf = tube of
  cells  (and  a PBMC), I made cytospins from them and then fixed them    in  acetone,  then  100& alcohol, then rehydrated them in PBS.  The f  irst day I did the spins the slides looked great, you could definately
  see  = the monocytes.  Then the days that have followed the cells have
  become= lysed, and there is "gradoo" all over the place.  I think that
  it pro= bably has something to do with the fact that the cells weren't
  fixed  and  po=  pped.  My  question is can I fix the slides and then
  leave  them  in  4 de= grees fridge either in the alcohol or take them
  out  in  a slide box.  I= can see not reconsituting them in the saline
  until  ready  to  stain, but I t= hink I need to fix them and not just
  leave the fluid sitting in the fridge?=  Ahh help!!!

  Thanks guys and gals  =)

  Sarah Goebel, B.A., HT (ASCP)

  Histotechnician

  XBiotec= h USA Inc.

  8201 East Riverside Dr. B= ldg 4 Suite 100

  Austin, Texas  = 78744

  (512)386-5107