[Histonet] large fibrous bone tissue

Wimer, Helen WIMERH <@t> si.edu
Wed May 19 05:39:32 CDT 2010

Hi Reul,  It is possible that you are not processing your bone long enough in the tissue processor.  If you would like to discuss this possibility, please email me.  Helen

Helen F Wimer HT (ASCP)
Smithsonian Institution
Department of Vertebrate Zoology
Washington, DC
(301) 496-1391
Wimerh <@t> si.edu
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Jack Ratliff [ratliffjack <@t> hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 1:33 AM
To: louise renton; Reuel Cornelia
Cc: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] large fibrous bone tissue

Louise has very good advice here as related to paraffin processing of
this tissue. I may even add to soak the block a little more before
taking the final sections. However, have you ever thought of
processing into MMA resin? If you have these capabilities you may be
very pleased with the results and find the microtomy less problematic.
Let me know if or how I can be of assistance!

Jack