[Histonet] Mounting Medium Issues

Jack Ratliff ratliffjack <@t> hotmail.com
Wed May 19 00:23:57 CDT 2010

Jim,

I must say that I have used Eukitt exclusively for over 13 years and
the only problem I have had with Eukitt is when I do not use enough
and especially when coverslipping thicker sections. It is xylenes
based so maybe you are experiencing excessive evaporation during
drying??? If you are diluting the Eukitt with xylenes so that it flows
better (not as viscious) and reduces the chance for air bubbles, this
might cause excessive shrinkage and/or the problems you are
experiencing.

Jack

On May 14, 2010, at 3:22 PM, "Herrick, James L. (Jim)" <Herrick.James <@t> mayo.edu