[Histonet] Paraffin

Sherwood, Margaret MSHERWOOD <@t> PARTNERS.ORG
Tue May 18 14:57:25 CDT 2010

We leave ours on all the time; we do shut off the cryo center each night (it
frosts up otherwise).

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Ingles Claire
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 2:41 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Paraffin

A question has come up recently about whether or not to completely turn off our
embedding center every night or not. I was under the understanding that the
constant solidifying and re-melting in the paraffin pot damages the structure of
the paraffin and makes it more brittle, etc. Is my memory correct, or do I need
to update my "hard drive"?
Claire