[Histonet] Are Histotechs considered "exempt" employees?

Heckford, Karen - SMMC-SF Karen.Heckford <@t> CHW.edu
Tue May 11 07:15:40 CDT 2010

$16.15 per hour. They are getting a great deal.   I believe you should
be making at least double that. What I believe is happening is that a
lot of offices are now starting to open their own labs and they are
trying to get us cheap.  We all need to stick to our guns and not let
them get us cheaper than we are worth.  Yes, I realize that San
Francisco is more but the starting wage for a HT's should be $25.00 to
$30.00 an hour to start for a newly certified tech. No matter of
location in California.  You can always negotiate higher if you have
more experience and more certifications.

Just my two cents worth,

Karen Heckford HT ASCP CE
Lead Histology Technician
St. Mary's Medical Center