[Histonet] Bone marrow smear staining

Lynette Pavelich lpaveli1 <@t> hurleymc.com
Mon May 10 14:13:02 CDT 2010

Need Histonet help.  Hematology recently purchased a new blood smear
stainer that is producing variable staining.  It is especially bad with
the bone marrow smears, even when it is run through twice as was the
norm with the old stainer (now gone).
Until this is resolved, does anyone have a GOOD MANUAL wright-giemsa
staining protocol you would like to share?  Our pathologists are quite
frustrated.  They do not care for the May-Grunwald Giemsa that we do
manually for our hematology oncologists.

thank you for your quick responses!!
Lynette

Lynette Pavelich, HT(ASCP)
Histology Supervisor