[Histonet] Cryostat vs decal sections of bone

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Mon May 10 07:51:03 CDT 2010

Most definitely there are differences.
Just consider that the bone will not be subjected to any chemicals because neither fixation nor demineralization will be required.,
René J.

--- On Mon, 5/10/10, louise renton <louise.renton <@t> gmail.com> wrote:

From: louise renton <louise.renton <@t> gmail.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Cryostat vs decal sections of bone
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Monday, May 10, 2010, 4:19 AM

Hi all,

last year sometime I was asked to budget for some equipment for our unit.
Not expecting to get anything i aimed high, and requested a cryostat and
cryoJane system.
Lo and behold, the planetary influences were just right, and my request was
approved. Now, I've got cold feet (pardon the pun) and I'm wondering if
there *are*  any distinct advantages of cryosections of bone over
demineralised wax embedded samples in regards to immuno and in-situ ?.

--
Louise Renton
Bone Research Unit