[Histonet] Disposable blade holder - amateur microscopist hasnowbeen offered one!

histotech <@t> imagesbyhopper.com histotech <@t> imagesbyhopper.com
Sat May 8 16:45:12 CDT 2010

WOW!  And here I was thinking that my old, black, cast iron AO microtome was
from the stone age!  ;o)  Gordon, thank you for sharing the photos and user
guide - it was quite enlightening!

Michelle

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Bryan
Hewlett
Sent: Saturday, May 08, 2010 12:59 PM
To: gordon <@t> 10db.co.uk; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Disposable blade holder - amateur microscopist
hasnowbeen offered one!

Gordon,

Thank you for posting the instructions and photos!
They brought back memories of my student days back in the fifties. I can
recall that one of my colleagues almost lost fingers when the piano
wire broke as he was changing a specimen stub.
Many hours of microtomy practice and even more hours spent hand sharpening
the Heiffor knives!!
I still have two original Wilkinson sword knives in my possession, although
they are a little worse of wear now.

Once again, thanks for the memories.

Bryan Hewlett
(retired histotechnologist)