[Histonet] RE: proper disposal of chemicals

Smith, Allen asmith <@t> mail.barry.edu
Fri May 7 10:25:31 CDT 2010

Look up "Waste Hauling" in the Yellow Pages.  Ask every company listed for a quote.
Make sure the ammoniacal silver nitrate is wet; when it dries, it can rearrange to silver azide, a powerful and touchy primary explosive.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Hutton, Allison
Sent: Friday, May 07, 2010 10:20 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] proper disposal of chemicals

I have a fair amount of different chemicals that are expired and need to be disposed of.  I am looking for advice on how to properly dispose of the following chemicals beyond "in accordance with local, state, and federal guidelines":
*Gold Chloride 0.2% aq
*Schiff reagent
*Aniline Carbol Fuchsin
*Gomori Trichrome Stain