[Histonet] Sticky knives

Joseph Saby saby_joseph_a <@t> yahoo.com
Thu May 6 17:01:22 CDT 2010

Sara-

I just recently had a box of sticky blades.  In fact, there was no way to pry one loose.

However, some kind soul on the Histonet had posted that a few drops of microtome (or sewing machine) oil will loosen the blades when stuck like that.

The effect may not be instantaneous, but it does indeed work.

Good luck!

Joe Saby, BA HT

________________________________
From: "Breeden, Sara" <sbreeden <@t> nmda.nmsu.edu>
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sent: Thu, May 6, 2010 2:40:19 PM
Subject: [Histonet] Sticky knives

Some time back, I posted a message here about how my Feather blades were
sticking together and hard to dispense.  A nice Sakura person contacted
me to offer help but I'd just opened a new dispenser of blades and they
were just peachy, so I replied to her that all was well.  Well, not
entirely true - could that nice Sakura rep please contact me again so I
can discuss her offer of help?  Thank you.

Sally Breeden, HT(ASCP)

NM Dept. of Agriculture

Veterinary Diagnostic Services

PO Box 4700