[Histonet] Re: CBG BIOTECH RECYCLER

Susan Raibley sraibley <@t> yahoo.com
Tue May 4 21:30:01 CDT 2010

We use the CBG Biotech Recycler to recycle formalin, alcohol and xylene and they all turn out very nicely. We always assay/test each batch to make sure it is ok to use. The xylene always comes out at 99.9% and we use it on all stations of our processor and to stain with and have no problems. We collect our waste alcohols as batches of 70% and 80% to be recycled together and then 95% and 100% to be recycled together. Ususally we get back between 83% and 98% from the reclaimed alcohol and dilute accordingly. We were told by CBG Biotech Tech Support, there is no limit to how many times you can recycle any of the products. Also, you can recycle xylene with paraffin in it, but DO NOT recycle any alcohol contaminated with xylene. We do not recycle any alcohol off the stainer or the cleaning alcohol off the processors. The waste we end up with that cannot be recycled goes in the 55 gal. barrels to be hauled off for proper disposal. Hope this helps!

Susan Bincsik, HT (ASCP)