[Histonet] waterbath residue

Lynette Pavelich lpaveli1 <@t> hurleymc.com
Tue May 4 10:56:58 CDT 2010

Those black flecks could absolutely be from the waterbaths.  I have yet
to find a coated waterbath that does not eventually loose its lining.
In frustration, I've had techs use a SOS pad to scrub off the lining to
finally get rid of it.  Waterbath still worked, just no nice teflon
lining.  I've tried returning them, but they all still went bad.  Maybe
next purchase, you could go the glass liner type.

>>> path lab <pathology.histology <@t> gmail.com> 5/4/2010 10:56 AM >>>
Our waterbaths leave a good amount of black residue on our paper towels
when
we dump the water and wipe them out at the end of the day.  Is anyone
else
having this problem?  It appears that the finish is gradually wearing
off.
 Could this be the cause of the   artifact ( black specs appear to be
on top
of the tissue ) that we occassionally see?  Thank you in advance for
your