[Histonet] RE: Leica Paraplast

Nails, Felton flnails <@t> texaschildrens.org
Wed Mar 31 07:27:34 CDT 2010

There is about three brands of paraplast and they all cut differently. In one of my labs I use paraplast plus and it ribbons very well however the blocks have to be colder then if you are using TissuePrep from Fisher.
Leica may have sent you one of the other types of paraplast. (paraplast, Paraplast Plus, Paraplast Xtra)

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of connie grubaugh
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 9:58 PM
To: ddreesen <@t> sbcglobal.net; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] RE: Leica Paraplast

Hi all, I questioned the Leica paraplast that we have received too.  It is real gummy and sticky.  Takes me forever to cut. I asked and was informed that it is the same stuff we have always got and there is no difference. Except all of us techs have noticed a big difference.

Connie G.

> Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 11:29:03 -0700
> From: ddreesen <@t> sbcglobal.net
> To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
> Subject: [Histonet] RE: Leica Paraplast
>

> Hi Kristen,
> We were using the Paraplast Xtra and switched to something else after we noticed a difference in the quality of the paraffin. The tissues weren't cutting as well and the paraffin seemed to be "gritty". We found we were going through many more blades due to nicks and scratches and many times had to switch blades mid-block.
>

> From: histonet-request <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
> <histonet-request <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
> Message: 4
> Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 08:12:18 -0700 (PDT)
> From: kristen arvidson <arvidsonkristen <@t> yahoo.com>
> Subject: [Histonet] Leica Paraplast
> To: histonet <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
>
> Has anyone who uses paraplast (we use the basic one) noticed a change in the quality of your tissue?  I have recently found out that they have changed manufacturing sites in the past couple of months.  I am having on and off issues with my skin specimens that have been going on for about 2 months or so.  Thought there may be a correlation.  Any thoughts?

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
 The information in this e-mail may be confidential and/or
 privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient or an
 authorized representative of the intended recipient, you
 are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, or
 copying of this e-mail and its attachments, if any, or
 the information contained herein is prohibited.  If you
 have received this e-mail in error, please immediately
 notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail
 from your computer system.  Thank you.