[Histonet] histo techs doing cyto prep work

Cynthia Pyse cpyse <@t> x-celllab.com
Fri Mar 26 12:32:47 CDT 2010

That is how I started many moons ago(29 years and counting). I spent 1 week
in histology, the next week in cytology, this continued for 2 years. I
currently supervise both the histology and the cytology lab sections. My
histotechs do little cytology prep work but are willing if time allows to
help out at the end of the day. The cyto prep techs are willing to learn
histology but there is little time to take advantage of their willingness.
Hope this answers your question.
Happy Friday

Cindy Pyse, CLT, HT (ASCP)
Histology Supervisor
X-Cell Laboratories
e-mail cpyse <@t> x-celllab.com

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Kim Tournear
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2010 12:43 PM
To: Histonet
Subject: [Histonet] histo techs doing cyto prep work

Hi all,
I'm curious!! How many of you histotechs are being trained or already know
how to do cyto prep work? And how many of you histo supervisors are now
supervising cytology labs in addition to the histology lab?

Is cross training histotechs to be cyto prep techs (in addition to their
histo job) becoming more popular?

I welcome any and all responses...

~Kim Tournear ~ HT (ASCP), QIHC (ASCP)
Histology Supervisor
Tucson Medical Center
Tucson,  AZ
~Don't let your life end before it begins~
OU Rocks!!!!