[Histonet] FFPE used for EM

Whitaker, Bonnie Bonnie.Whitaker <@t> osumc.edu
Fri Mar 26 10:08:46 CDT 2010

Hi Everyone,

I hope it's a great Friday for you all.

Our renal folks were recently attending a meeting, and they came back with
some partial information.  (I am hoping some of you might have some
additional information.)  It seems that one of the lecturers mentioned that
some paraffins actually seemed to make a difference in the quality of EM when
they had to take tissue from the paraffin blocks.  I had never heard of this.
I am aware of using Carson's modification of  formalin to yield better EM
results, but not anything to do with paraffin.

Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks!

Bonnie Whitaker
Clinical Histology Manager