[Histonet] coverslipper

Lynette Pavelich lpaveli1 <@t> hurleymc.com
Thu Mar 25 12:37:48 CDT 2010

We've had our Sakura film coverslipper since '94 and love it.  The
good........saves us tech time coverslipping for hours each day, plus
you can file the slides right away.  The bad.....the docs prefer the
bone marrow smears to be coverslipped by hand.  We have about 12 bone
marrows a month........so really....it's not a problem.  We've also
tried other brands of film, but the cytotechs could notice a refractive
difference, so we switched back to the Sakura brand.

>>> "Margaryan, Naira" <NMargaryan <@t> childrensmemorial.org> 3/25/2010
12:07 PM >>>
Hi Colleges,

I need your opinion about coverslip by hand vs. using machine.
If you use machine what company's coverslipper you prefer?

Thanks in advance,
Naira