[Histonet] Grossing Room Staffing

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Mar 22 16:11:10 CDT 2010

I am sorry to tell you that having an aid in the gross room will increase the productivity of your PA by 25-30% because what you consider irrelevant tasks done by an aid will permit your PA to do what s/he is paid for and closing lids is not something that should be done by a better paid PA as compared with an aid salary.René J.

--- On Mon, 3/22/10, Rick.Garnhart <@t> memorialhealthsystem.com <Rick.Garnhart <@t> memorialhealthsystem.com> wrote:

From: Rick.Garnhart <@t> memorialhealthsystem.com <Rick.Garnhart <@t> memorialhealthsystem.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Grossing Room Staffing
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Monday, March 22, 2010, 3:39 PM

I need help in convincing my Pathology group that it is old school to have a aid or tech in the gross room to hand them specimen and put lids on
cassettes and close them. We have a PA that is employed by the pathology group that wants help in putting lids on and closing cassette. We use the
Thermo-Cassette printer in the gross room and print cassettes from a bar-coded label on the container. No cassettes are preprinted and placed on the
specimen container lids.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Rick Garnhart HT(ASCP)
Memorial Health System
Histology Supervisor
1400 E. Boulder St.
Colorado Springs, CO 80909
Cell: 719-365-8357
Ph:  719-365-6926
Fax: 719-365-6373
rick.garnhart <@t> memorialhealthsystem.com

Mission: To provide the highest quality health care
Vision: To create an outstanding health system where patients heal and people thrive
Values: Compassion - Integrity - Quality - Respect - Teamwork

www.memorialhealthsystem.com

The information contained in or attached to this electronic message is privileged and confidential, intended only for the use of the individual(s)
named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please inform the sender immediately and remove any record of this message._______________________________________________