[Histonet] Prostate Bx's

Nails, Felton flnails <@t> texaschildrens.org
Mon Mar 22 09:44:48 CDT 2010

Why would you want to prelabel the containers prior to seeing the patient?
Outside of the kit being labeled LLB LLM LLA, etc., the individual containers should not be label until you actually add the sample to avoid mistakes.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of S R
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2010 9:26 AM
To: histo net
Subject: [Histonet] Prostate Bx's

Good Morning Everyone,

I was wondering for those of you working in POL labs or even hospitals, if you are pre-lableing specimen bottles before the patient comes in?  Ie 12 part prostate boxes have the patient's name and the bx site pre-made days or weeks before the patient comes in.  If not do you know of any documentation that states this should not be done.  I have been looking for something that says the bottles should not be pre-labeled before the patient is seen, but have unfortunatley have not been able to find any.

thanks in advanced

sammy

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
 The information in this e-mail may be confidential and/or
 privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient or an
 authorized representative of the intended recipient, you
 are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, or
 copying of this e-mail and its attachments, if any, or
 the information contained herein is prohibited.  If you
 have received this e-mail in error, please immediately
 notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail
 from your computer system.  Thank you.