[Histonet] IHC double stains

Knutson, Deanne DKnutson <@t> primecare.org
Mon Mar 22 09:04:53 CDT 2010

Fellow Histonetters,

We presently use DAB brown chromagen for our IHC, and are looking at adding a red kit chromagen for staining double IHC slides.  I am looking for information on what antibody scenarios other sites are using the double stain for?  Kappa and lambda might be one pair of antibodies, or a p63 and prostate racemase cocktail where one is tagged red and the other brown?  Would anyone be willing to share with me their scenarios where they are presently using the double stain?  And how is that working for you?  Thank you very much.

Deanne Knutson
Anatomic Pathology Supervisor
St. Alexius Medical Center
 (701)-530-6730