[Histonet] Thermo Slide and Cassette printers

Jesus Ellin JEllin <@t> yumaregional.org
Thu Mar 18 13:12:15 CDT 2010

We have the Printmate coming on board and have used the slide mate.  The Printmate is excellent, the slide mate is good but if you have it connected to LIS there is lag time.  Also take into consideration that the barcodes have to be read and that traditional scrapping does hinder this.  You will need to look at getting a hot plate for the blocks so that the read is clear, clean and concise.  Also the color will play in issue.  AS mike said there are different vendors out there, but for me for space and accuracy, since every histology labs has space, I would go with looking at thermo or General Data.  If you have any questions feel free to give me a call.

Jesus Ellin  HT/PA  ASCP
Yuma Regional Medical Center
928-336-1743

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Michael Mihalik
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2010 8:48 AM
To: 'Sharon.Davis-Devine'; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Thermo Slide and Cassette printers

Hi Sharon,

We're an LIS vendor working with a client that just purchased 6 of these.
They're 30 days away from go live, but we've played with them for a bit.

If you or anyone else is curious about what our experiences have been, feel
free to email me.

We also trialed cassette labelers from several other companies before our
client selected these labelers.

Michael Mihalik
PathView Systems | cell: 214.733.7688 | 800.798.3540 | fax: 952.241.7369