[Histonet] ammonium chloride in ihc

Emily Sours talulahgosh <@t> gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 13:23:39 CDT 2010

Hello all,

We are trying a new antibody and the protocol from the company
suggests a 50 mM ammonium chloride wash before blocking and adding the
primary antibody.  What is the purpose of this--antigen retrieval,
autofluorescent quenching, something else?
We were thinking about trying this step as our protocol does not yield
any staining.

Emily

A state-imposed metaphysic or religion should be opposed, if necessary
at pistol-point.  We must fight for variety if we fight at all.  The
uniform is as dull as a sculptured egg.
--Lawrence Durrell, Consequential Data, "Balthazar"