[Histonet] Need help with FISH staining protocol on

Shen, Jinhui jinhui <@t> uta.edu
Fri Mar 12 00:42:36 CST 2010

Dear Julie,

Thanks for the information! I saw some papers about that staining on mice tissues, such as http://www.pnas.org/content/104/10/4030.abstract . I have been talking with Ms Leiker at Univ. of Bufflo, sorry I forgot to click "reply to all" but "reply". She gave me some good suggestions and I am going to try the staining again next week, will let you know if it works out or if I need more help. Thanks!

Regards,

Jinhui

From: J C [jcbook <@t> gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2010 5:36 AM
To: Shen, Jinhui
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Need help with FISH staining protocol on

Dear Jinhui! We tried for a long time to perform SRY FISH for rats, paraffin, frosen nothinhg worked. I know other people that did not suceeded on other animals, I do not know anybody that could do it exept of somebody in German, that worked with special plasmid for rat. There are not repeated works in pubmed. I doubt that this method works good for rats or mices, but Cumbio has a kit, maybe it will work.
Regards, Julie