[Histonet] television coverage of Histotechnology Professionals Day

Weems, Joyce JWeems <@t> sjha.org
Thu Mar 11 14:09:32 CST 2010

That is really exciting, Vinnie!

Thanks for all you do, j

Joyce Weems
Pathology Manager
Saint Joseph's Hospital
5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30342
678-843-7376 - Phone
678-843-7831 - Fax

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Della
Speranza, Vinnie
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2010 14:15
To: Histonet
Subject: [Histonet] television coverage of Histotechnology Professionals
Day

I thought some of you might be interested to learn that our histo lab
staff were interviewed yesterday by the Charleston CBS affiliate station
Live 5 News. The interview was telecast last evening at about 5:30 pm so
we succeeded in getting histology on the air waves.

The news reporter showed up with almost no warning while I was enroute
to the state capital with Wanda Smith to meet with our governor. I'm
thrilled that our techs were in the spotlight. They and all of you,
deserve to be recognized for all that you do to enhance our quality of
life.

If you'd like to see the video clip, go to

http://www.live5news.com/Global/story.asp?S=12118805

on that page, off to the right, you will see the phrase "Lab techs
recognized for work behind the scenes"

Click on that phrase and the video will open. Turn up your speakers as
the volume is a bit inconsistent.

The telecast was perfect in every way. The video clip does not include
two "teasers" that preceded the actual segment, you know the ones where
they say "when we return, histotechs at MUSC..."

Vinnie Della Speranza
Manager for Anatomic Pathology Services
165 Ashley Avenue Suite 309
Charleston, SC 29425
tel. 843-792-6353
fax. 843-792-8974

Confidentiality Notice:
This email, including any attachments is the
property of Catholic Health East and is intended
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
It may contain information that is privileged and
confidential.  Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please reply to the
sender that you have received the message in
error, then delete this message.