[Histonet] IHC worksheet reports

McMahon, Loralee A Loralee_Mcmahon <@t> URMC.Rochester.edu
Thu Mar 11 13:37:00 CST 2010

We keep ours for two years.  Why I do not know.  CAP says to keep the requisitions two years so we followed this rule. BUT why is a mystery - some of the pathologist mark OK on them or repeat.  But most of the time they are ignored or shredded by the pathologist.  So using them as QA is almost impossible, since sometimes you get them other times you don't.  One of the pathologist had about 6 months of these forms in his office that he dropped off one day.  How do I file these and find them ever?

I am investigating this.  And I will ask our NYS inspector when they come in.  The CAP inspector said that we did even need them.  Just the requisition was needed to track what was ordered versus what was done.

The files are stored on the computer indefinitely on both the Dako and the Ventana.  Basically my techs just use them to make sure that the correct doctor gets the slides.

If you have any ideas please let me know.

Loralee McMahon, HTL (ASCP)
Immunohistochemistry Supervisor
Strong Memorial Hospital
Department of Surgical Pathology
(585) 275-7210
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of aobrien88 <@t> comcast.net [aobrien88 <@t> comcast.net]
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2010 2:25 PM
To: histonet
Subject: [Histonet] IHC worksheet reports

I was wondering if anyone could give me some information on the IHC worksheet reports.  These are the reports that are printed off after you have completed your IHC stain.  We are using a Dako Autostainer + and an IntelliPath, we give our Pathologist the reports with the slides to sign off on the stain.  Does anyone know how long you need to keep these worksheet reports?

Thank you,

Andrea O'Brien HT (ASCP)