[Histonet] Grossing tech

Katelin Lester histology <@t> medsurgpath.com
Tue Jun 22 11:30:00 CDT 2010

We are currently hiring for a grossing tech (in Portland, OR-reply to
email if interested), we do more than derm and we use the CLIA
regulations:
TESTING PERSONNEL (42 CFR 493 1489)
1. Licensed MD, DO or DPM.
2. Doctorate, master's, or bachelor's in laboratory science.
3. Education and training equivalent to an associate degree in a
laboratory science or medical laboratory technology that includes at least
60 semester hours including 24 semester hrs of medical lab technology and
at least 3 months training in each specialty in which high complexity
testing is performed; or, 60 semester hrs including 24 hrs of
science that includes 6 hrs chemistry, 6 hrs biology, and 12 hrs
chemistry, biology or, medical lab tech in any combination and laboratory
training that includes either: completion of a clinical lab
training program and at least 3 months training in each specialty in which
high complexity testing is performed

Katelin Lester, HTL(ASCP)
MedSurg Pathology Associates, Inc.
(503)443-2157

What are the requirements for a person to gross? This is for a derm lab.
Thanks
raj