[Histonet] Block disposal

histotech <@t> imagesbyhopper.com histotech <@t> imagesbyhopper.com
Mon Jun 21 11:33:42 CDT 2010

Would blocks be considered biohazard waste for purposes of disposal?  I have
blocks stored in an off-site facility and am preparing to dispose of the
blocks.  Can I simply allow the storage place dispose of the blocks in
"normal" trash, or would I need to have them disposed of as biohazard trash?

On a separate but sort of related issue, does anyone use the Adlex crystals
to dispose of their formalin?  If yes, how do you dispose of the jellied
formalin, in normal trash or in biohazard trash?  I know the mfr says you
can put it in the normal trash, but does anyone trust this??  ;o)

By the way, I am in Florida, if that makes any difference in the answers!

THANKS!

Michelle