[Histonet] New CAP question ANP.22760

BSullivan <@t> shorememorial.org BSullivan <@t> shorememorial.org
Fri Jun 18 13:23:44 CDT 2010

Regarding this question. This is my take on this. You always have to check
Lot to Lot antibodies and make sure you have consistent results. We have a
ledger where our new lots are recorded when received into the lab. There is
also a place for all the necessary information about the antibody, the lot
number , open date, Q.C. date and the antibody's expiration date. Once the
antibody is opened it is Q.C'd on tissue that we have used in the past for
control material. The control is checked and it is noted if the results are
favorable or not. If there are favorable results it is put into production.

Beatrice Sullivan, HT(A.S.C.P.) HTL , AAS, CLSP(N.C.A.)
AP Supervisor
Shore Memorial Hospital
609-653-3590

             "McMahon, Loralee
             A"
             <Loralee_Mcmahon@                                          To
             URMC.Rochester.ed         Mike Pence <mpence <@t> grhs.net>, Ellen
             u>                        Yee <eyee <@t> dpmginc.com>, Laurie
             Sent by:                  Colbert
             histonet-bounces@         <laurie.colbert <@t> huntingtonhospital.
             lists.utsouthwest         com>
             ern.edu                                                    cc
                                       "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu"
             06/18/2010 01:47                                      Subject
             PM                        RE: [Histonet] New CAP question
                                       ANP.22760

I think that CAP means that you need to save the slide that you ran from
the previous lot and compare it to the slide that you have stained with the
new lot number.  To see if they are sufficient diagnostic quality.  Not put
both lot numbers on the machine at the same time and then compare the
slides?   We run Dako machines and it would be tricky to put both numbers
on the same machine.

Although this is my interpretation.

Loralee McMahon, HTL (ASCP)
Immunohistochemistry Supervisor