[Histonet] Hard Tissue Forum - August 14th, 2010 in Philadelphia, PA

Jack Ratliff ratliffjack <@t> hotmail.com
Mon Jun 14 23:05:32 CDT 2010

Attention All Hard Tissue Histologists!!!!

The Hard Tissue Committee of the National Society for Histotechnology is proud to present a one day Hard Tissue Forum. This first of its kind event will be held Saturday, August 14th, 2010 in Philadelphia, PA, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm at the Doubletree Hotel Philadelphia. Join us as we seek to further our knowledge and understanding of the histology and analysis of bone and how this information can better serve in the diagnosis of bone related diseases and the efficacy and safety of therapeutic treatments.

Don’t miss out on this one time compilation of information solely dedicated to bone as presented from both scientists and histotechnologists actively working in the field. This forum will also be a perfect opportunity to network with professionals within the “hard tissue niche”. We hope to see you in August!

Check out the NSH website @ www.nsh.org to download a copy of the brochure or feel free to contact Jack L Ratliff, NSH Hard Tissue Committee Chair @ 317-281-1975 or jratliff <@t> biomimetics.com for more information.

PROGRAM AT A GLANCE

Registration Fees
Member: $119          Non Member: $159

Schedule at Glance:
7:30am–8:00am   Registration & Contintental Breakfast
8:00am–9:00am   Bone Biology 101 Presented by Damien Laudier,BS,HTL(ASCP),QIHC, Laudier Histology, New York, NY
9:00am–10:30am  In Vivo Models for Musculoskeletal Research Presented by Timothy Ganey,PhD, Atlanta Medical Center, Atlanta, GA
10:30am–10:45am Refreshment Break
10:45am–12:15pm Concepts for Specimen Management of Samples for Decalcified Paraffin Processing Presented by Robert A. Skinner,HTL(ASCP), University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
12:15pm–1:15pm  Lunch on Your Own
1:15pm–2:45pm   Resin Histology: A Practical Approach for Demonstrating Undemineralized Bone Presented by Jack L. Ratliff, BA, BioMimetic Therapeutics, Inc., Franklin, TN
2:45pm–3:00pm   Refreshment Break
3:00pm–4:00pm   Skeletal Analysis with MicroCT: What You Need To Know And Why You Need To Know It Presented by Daniel S. Perrien, PhD, Vanderbilt Center for Bone Biology, Nashville, TN
4:00pm–5:00pm   Bone Histomorphometry Presented by Damien Laudier,BS, HTL(ASCP),QIHC, Laudier Histology, New York, NY

Travel Arrangements

Lodging
Doubletree Hotel Philadelphia
237 S. Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107
Reservations via Phone: 215.893.1668
Registrants are responsible for hotel / travel arrangements. We have secured a small block of rooms at the discounted group rate of $125.00 plus applicable taxes. If you make reservations via phone please inform the agent that you are with the National Society for Histotechnology Group.  Hotel Deadline is July 14, 2010.

Getting to the Forum
For directions, parking rates and airport shuttle information please visit the Doubletree's website.  If you are flying the the Forum the Philadelphia International Airport is 9 miles from the hotel.  Contact NSH Travel Services for best rate on air fare.  Call 877.510.4747 between 8:30am-5:30pm, CT M-F or book on-line at www.nshtvl.com

Cancellation/Substitution Requests
All cancellations must be received in writing by July 14, 2010 to receive a full refund.  Cancellations received after July 14, 2010 and no shows to the forum are non-refundable.  Substitutions are accepted at any time.  We must receive this request in writing.  Individuals registering after July 14, 2010 will not be eligible for a refund.