[Histonet] Certification

Joyce Bidwell joyceagain <@t> att.net
Mon Jun 14 13:06:51 CDT 2010

I am in Kansas City, MO and I am in the process of getting enrolled with Indiana State University to obtain my HT certificate.  Does anyone out there know if #1.  It is a requirement in Missouri to have either a license or certificate to cut permanent slides?  #2.  Are there any other schools that offer the HT certificate training course that is a distance learning class and enrolls any time other that Fall.  As it stands now I will have my prerequisits done at the end of next fall but will not be able to start the Indiana State University class until the Fall of 2011.  The doctor I am working with now would like me to be able to become certified or "licensed" before then so I can cut permanent slides.  Currently I am cutting MOHS tissue only.

Thanks for your input!!