[Histonet] bar-coding

Carol Bryant cbrya <@t> lexclin.com
Mon Jun 14 11:33:55 CDT 2010

Does anyone have SoftPath 4.2?  If so, do you know if it has the capability to produce bar-coded specimen labels?  I am looking into various methods to reduce re-entry of case data and eliminate handwriting of cassettes and slides.  I know Ventana's Vantage system can do this for histology, but we also have cytology processing in our lab.  I would like to find something that would be uniform for both cytology and histology processing and interface with SoftPath.  However, if SoftPath could do this, even better.

Thank you in advance for any input.

Carol Bryant, CT (ASCP)
Cytology/Histology Manager
Pathology Services
Lexington Clinic
Phone (859) 258-4082
Fax (859) 258-4081
cbrya <@t> lexclin.com

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY

This message, including any attachments, is intended only for the sole use of the addressee and may contain confidential or privileged information that is protected by the State of Kentucky and/or Federal regulations.  If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, copy, retain or disseminate this message or any attachment. If you have received this message in error, please call the sender immediately at (859)258-4000 and delete all copies of this message and any attachment. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, copying or distribution is strictly prohibited.  Neither the transmission of this message or any attachment, nor any error in transmission or misdelivery shall constitute waiver of any applicable legal privilege.