[Histonet] HistoBob.com

Ian Young youngir <@t> gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 22:02:22 CDT 2010

Dear Histonetters,
I would like to take this opportunity to tell you all about a project I have
been working on with a couple of colleagues of mine. I had been frustrated
while trying to gain information pertaining to our field. Reading text books
took to long and frankly couldn't hold my attention. Conferences became too
expensive for our lab to send a tech too every year so I never got to go.
Journals also were too expensive and the vocabulary was so clinical that it
needed a cryptologist to decipher. From this frustration came an idea. Why
can't there be a website that has all of the available information in one
place? On that fateful day, when the frustration became to great,
HistoBob.com was born.

Written by histotechs, for histotechs, HistoBob.com is a place where anyone
can find new information about Histotechnology. Conferences, new technology,
polices and regulations, nothing is off limits.

Histobob.com is not just information, but social and professional
networking. Check out our forums and find other histotechs with the same
questions you have. Just did something really cool in your lab? Start a
thread and tell us about it. Histobob.com also gives you the ability to
comment on any article we post, so if you really don't' agree with something
we stated or we made a mistake, you can let us know. Of course if you really
like the article, we would love to hear that to. Your feedback will drive
what content goes up on Histobob.com.

Are you on Twitter or Facebook? So are we! Every time we update the website,
a tweet goes out automatically letting you know what's new. Follow our link
on the site to go directly to our Twitter account or our Facebook page.

What about when you are not by a computer and you need your late night histo
fix? We've got you covered. The Histobob.com podcast will be starting soon,
covering a wide range of information and topics, it might make you laugh as
well.

We hope you like it, because we made it for all of us Histotechs out there.
All we ask is that if you like, spread the word!!

Please to enjoy....

Histobob.com

Ian Young, HTL(ASCP)
Creator, Editor-in-Chief