[Histonet] Can you do Masson's trichrome on frozen sections

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Jun 11 14:05:32 CDT 2010

Although I have NOT try doing Masson on FS, I think the sections would not survive (that is why I have not try it).
You could, and share your results with all of us.
René J.

--- On Fri, 6/11/10, jessamine winer <jpwiner <@t> gmail.com> wrote:

From: jessamine winer <jpwiner <@t> gmail.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Can you do Masson's trichrome on frozen sections
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Friday, June 11, 2010, 11:45 AM

Hi,

We normally do trichrome on paraffin sections but I was wondering if it's
possible to do on frozen sections.  I don't want to waste my time if it is
just going destroy the tissue.  If it will work what thickness sections do I
need, what fixative and are there any modifications I need to make to the
standard protocol.

Thanks,
Jessamine