[Histonet] RE: Refrigerator Mold

Weems, Joyce JWeems <@t> sjha.org
Tue Jun 8 16:42:01 CDT 2010

oops = didn't intend to hit send..

But perhaps try dessicant or baking soda, which would reduce the moisture....
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Jennifer Anderson [janderson <@t> halozyme.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2010 3:34 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Refrigerator Mold

Hello and Greetings.

I am looking for a solution to our refrigerator mold problem.  We have stacks of folders in our refrigerators, and they get moldy with time.
I have placed a small open container of bleach on the bottom shelf, and that seems to have worked, but I'm not sure if that is detrimental to slide and reagent storage.
I have purchased some strong disinfectants also, but I don't know if those vapors will harm slides or reagents.

Thanks so much for all of your continued insight and advice!

Jennifer M. Anderson, Scientist
Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc.
11388 Sorrento Valley Road
San Diego, CA 92121
858-704-8333 (office)
janderson <@t> halozyme.com<mailto:janderson <@t> halozyme.com>

________________________________
The information transmitted in this email is confidential and is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed. Delivery of this message to any person other than the intended recipient(s) is not intended in any way to waive confidentiality or any applicable privilege. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by individuals or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited by Halozyme and may be in violation of applicable laws. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete/destroy this email.
Confidentiality Notice:
This e-mail, including any attachments is the
property of Catholic Health East and is intended
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
It may contain information that is privileged and
confidential.  Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please delete this message, and
reply to the sender regarding the error in a separate email.