[Histonet] Waterbath Options

Breeden, Sara sbreeden <@t> nmda.nmsu.edu
Tue Jun 8 14:34:13 CDT 2010

Okay, time for my two cents' worth.  Water baths - I don't like the
glass-dish-insert kind because water can get beneath the glass dish and
can temp fluctuations. And if the glass insert breaks, it might be
difficult to find a replacement (Pyrex?).  I like the good ol' fashioned
round or rectangular black-lined fill-it-with-water-and-turn-it-on kind.
They hold temp much better and because they are lined with something
like black Teflon (or whatever), they clean like a dream.  I found that
I really do not like the romantic under-tissue lighting.  It's all about
preferences and this is mine...not that you asked,  but that never
stopped me before, did it?  Happy Tuesday!

Sally Breeden, HT(ASCP)

Veterinary Diagnostic Services

New Mexico Department of Agriculture

700 Camino de Salud NE