[Histonet] Lot numbers

Kim.Donadio <@t> bhcpns.org Kim.Donadio <@t> bhcpns.org
Mon Jun 7 10:39:13 CDT 2010

We use a spread sheet that everyone has access to. We also have hard
copies in our offsite frozen section labs for when we take new reagents
over there. I have found it's a good idea to rotate the delegation of
these QC task. That way every day it is assigned to someone who has the
responsibility of making sure it gets done and signed off on. I add this
task to our schedule.

Kim Donadio
Pathology Supervisor
Baptist Hospital
1000 W Moreno St.
Pensacola FL 32501
Phone (850) 469-7718
Fax (850) 434-4996

"Webb, Dorothy L" <Dorothy.L.Webb <@t> HealthPartners.Com>
Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
06/07/2010 09:13 AM

"'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
cc

Subject
[Histonet] Lot numbers

Would anyone be willing to share with me how you record lot numbers of all
reagents and histology components as they are used?  I have a couple of
ideas on how to capture this, but, they seem too detailed!!  Obviously,
our IHC and special stains done on the automated stainer are documented by
the equipment, but, looking at all the hand stains, H&E's, processors,
etc.,etc!!

Thank you for any guidance in this area!!

Dorothy Webb, HT
Regions Histology Technical Superviosr
651-254-2962

  ________________________________
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the individual
responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, please be
advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the
HealthPartners Support Center by telephone at (952) 967-6600. You will be
reimbursed for reasonable costs incurred in notifying us. HealthPartners
R001.0

All electronic data transmissions originating from or sent to
Baptist Health Care Corporation (BHC) are subject to monitoring.
This message along with any attached data, are the confidential and
proprietary communications of BHC and are intended to be received
only by the individual or individuals to whom the message has been
addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, please take notice that any use, copying, printing,
forwarding or distribution of this message, in any form, is
strictly prohibited and may violate State or Federal Law. If you
have received this transmission in error, please delete or destroy
all copies of this message.  For questions, contact the BHC Privacy
Officer at (850) 434-4472.  Rev.10/07.