[Histonet] Job In New Hampshire Vet Path Lab

Woodward, Denise denise.woodward <@t> uconn.edu
Tue Jun 1 14:38:09 CDT 2010

I'm posting this for a friend.  I know the Director and one of the Pathologists. They are super people who really appreciate and respect Histotechs.

Univ. of New Hampshire Veterinary Diagnostic Lab has an opening for a Supervising Senior Histotechnologist. I've been told it's a nice little lab (I've never seen it), with room to grow (IHC autostainer recently donated, EM in the basement). The laboratory deals with on average 30-60 blocks/day, mostly biopsies, plus a handful of specials and necropsy cases, and some research projects. There is a part-time assistant, plus student help.

>From the website:
Summary of Position
Under the direct supervision of NHVDL anatomical veterinary pathologist, the technologist in this position is responsible for managing the pathology section of the diagnostic laboratory including processing and supervising the processing of histologic specimens for evaluation by veterinary pathologists, training and supervising part-time hourly and workstudy laboratory assistants and providing histology support for research investigations.
Acceptable Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor's degree is preferred in Medical Technology or Animal/Biological Sciences, or Associates degree with two years of medical laboratory experience. Three years of Histotechnology experience required; ASCP-HT certification preferred.

Here's the link to the UNH HR website if you want more information.
https://jobs.usnh.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/position/JobDetails_css.jsp?postingId=138272