[Histonet] Need help

Shirley A. Powell POWELL_SA <@t> mercer.edu
Tue Jun 1 11:52:21 CDT 2010

Hi Histonetters,

One of my pathologists is going on a mission to Haiti in July.  She is taking battery powered microscope to use.  She is not sure what type of power is available.  All the manual says about the battery option is "the LED configuration is operational with an in-built re-chargeable battery and charging circuit.  The battery will be charged with a direct input power supply of 110-240V AC 50Hz/g0Hz which ensures continuous operation under fluctuating voltages."  Greek to me.  Has anyone been down since the earthquake using such battery powered scope?  Know of power limitations?  If so, got any tips, clues, pieces of wisdom?  I know there are experts out there who know.

Thanks,

Shirley A. Powell, HT(ASCP)HTL, QIHC
Technical Director
Histology Curricular Support Laboratory