[Histonet] RE: p53 IHC staining in mouse

Milne, Katy kmilne <@t> bccancer.bc.ca
Thu Jul 29 13:20:05 CDT 2010

I get my mouse p53 Ab from LabVision...
http://www.labvision.com/ab.cfm?First=AntiBody&Second=9006

------------------------------

Message: 18
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 10:56:56 -0600
From: "Ross Benik" <ross <@t> premierlab.com>
Subject: [Histonet] p53 IHC staining in mouse
To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>

Hi everyone,

I am trying to accomplish IHC staining for a rabbit anti p53 antibody in
mouse tissue however all I am getting is background and IgG staining.  I
run my human positive control tissue along with the same protocol
parameters and the staining is perfect.  I have tried two abcam
antibodies (ab32049 and ab4060) and both are not working correctly on
mouse tissue.  Does anyone know of a p53 antibody that is known to work
in mouse tissue?

Thanks,

Ross

End of Histonet Digest, Vol 80, Issue 34