[Histonet] Refrigerate formalin?

Breeden, Sara sbreeden <@t> nmda.nmsu.edu
Wed Jul 28 15:41:04 CDT 2010

We're getting ready to move into our new building (YAHOO!) in early
September - finally.  In planning where we will store our cases for the
required 6-week retention time, I have proposed that the tissues (in 10%
NBF) be shelved in the walk-in cooler (4 degrees C).   Is there any
reason tissues-in-formalin could NOT be stored refrigerated for that
length of time?  It is extremely rare that we are required to pull and
recut wet tissue, but that possibility always exists.  Thanks, everyone.

Sally Breeden, HT(ASCP)

Veterinary Diagnostic Services

New Mexico Department of Agriculture

700 Camino de Salud NE